Sunday, May 24, 2009

Road Trip

I've been out of the loop for a few days because our family took a quick road trip. My husband had a business meeting in Vermont and we all tagged along. It was absolutely beautiful and we jam packed a lot into three days. 

One of the places we stopped was Shelburne Farms which is right outside of Burlington, Vermont. Shelburne Farms was an estate owned by William Seward and Lila Vanderbilt and was a model agricultural estate established in 1886. It is now an education nonprofit that continues as a working farm with Brown Swiss Cows. They transform the cows milk into an incredible cheddar cheese. The estate home, which sits on Lake Champlain, was transformed into an Inn. The historic farm barn houses a children's farm yard that is filled with chickens, sheep, calves, goats, and pigs. It is a wonderful place to visit for children and adults. 

Right now the lilacs are in bloom all over Shelburne Farms and Vermont. Every time the wind blew, the air was filled with their sweet scent. 

Inspiration for new beading projects was every where on this trip. All the wonderful colors of nature were abundant. I think this picture will help guide me on the new cuff I'll be starting this week. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors in that photo! Sounds like you had a good trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a wonderful trip. I'm so sad that the lilacs have already finished blooming in our yard. They are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails