Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pursing Purple

These lovely flowers are blooming all over our property. I have no idea what they are, but I love them. We also have these incredible purple irises that just opened the other day. The thing is that I feel like I am surrounded by purple flowers right now. It makes sense that my newest project would use purple as the primary color.






After the road trip and spending Memorial Day weekend planting the vegetable garden, I finally got to do some beading. 

As I mentioned in a previous post my next project was going to be a cuff.  I decided to use an oval purple cat's eye cabochon as the centerpiece. I've used 4 sizes of seed beads, bugle beads, pearls, pewter beads, and glass beads to embellish the cuff. The cuff is primarily shades of purple with hints of silver, gray, and reds. Whenever I use a lot of different beads, the end result always reminds me of a crazy quilt.  

P.S. If you know what the flowers (picture above) are, please let me know. Thanks.




6 comments:

  1. The flower looks like what we refer to my area as river phlox or garden phlox. You can purchase plants but it tends to grow wild everywhere. Your cuff is going to be beautiful, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info beadsandblooms. They are growing all over the edges of our fields and are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait to see how the cuff turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those flowers are so pretty! all i have growing on my balcony is weeds :-) And the cuff looks like it's going to turn out into one of your gorgeous pieces... am looking forward to seeing it finished! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodi - I was a little puzzled because your flowers have only 4 petals and phlox has 5. So - I love Google - here's your flower, Dame's Rocket:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesperis_matronalis

    And I'm drooling for that cuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Felicia, Thanks. That is exactly the flower. I love the name. Check back this weekend, I almost done with the cuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails