Sunday, October 11, 2009

End of the Season

Last night it was really cold here. The kind of cold that indicates winter is right around the corner. I haven't made it out to the flower garden, but I expect that the frost took the rest of the zinnias.























Zinnias are one of my favorite flowers. They are extremely hardy. They can tolerate too much rain or lack of it. This year we had a lot of rain and not a lot of heat. They are a wonderful cut flower and can last more than a week once cut. Best of all they have a really long season. We actually had so many that we sold them this year and donated the money to a charity.

So as I am mourning the end of the zinnia season, I'm sharing with you a picture of zinnia from my garden and the ring that was inspired by it. Until next year zinnias. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo, gorgeous ring! We had frost here last night also and I hate the thought of it all. Plus, it has rained so much lately that I haven't been able to do any cleanup in the garden; it's really devasted this year with weather, critters, and bugs that chew. Oh well, there's always next year, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely looks like a zinnia. Well done!

    Patricia
    http://vener-art.com/beadblog/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails